Expert MariaDB, MySQL Consulting and PostgreSQL DBA Services
MariaDB, MySQL Consulting Experts Services
Shattered Silicon enables organisations to augment their database administration and maintenance capabilities. We can do this by leveraging the skills and experience our highly qualified database experts. We are completely vendor-independent. This enables us to provide impartial consultancy services for MySQL, MariaDB and PostgreSQL. We have no vested interest in the choice of platform or technology – our only interest is providing our clients with the best, most appropriate solution possible for the problem they are solving. Our MySQL consulting experts are available 24/7 to help you increase performance, flexibility and business continuity of your database systems. We provide on-site MariaDB, PostgreSQL and MySQL consulting in Europe and remote DBA consulting world-wide. Our MySQL experts have consulted for some of the largest companies in a range of industry verticals. These include mobile and online advertising, commerce, fintech, banking, insurance, mobile and online gaming, social media and SaaS.
Our dedicated MariaDB, PostgreSQL and MySQL consulting team is always standing by to help you with your requirements. The most common areas where we are called upon to deliver improvements are:
MariaDB and MySQL Performance
- Performance optimization
- Configuration tuning
- Index optimization and tuning
- Query optimization
- Materialised views for reporting workloads
MariaDB and MySQL Support Services
- Database performance troubleshooting
- Stability improvements
- Disaster recovery
High Availability and Reliability Engineering
- Configuration and testing of backups and disaster recovery processes
- Server deployments
- Architecting highly available, fault tolerant infrastructures
MariaDB, PostgreSQL and MySQL Consulting and Remote DBA Services
- Managed DBA services
- Capacity planning and server sizing
- Advising on storage engines
- Proactive and reactive troubleshooting
Are Our Expert MariaDB, PostgreSQL and MySQL Consulting Services For You?
Our MariaDB and MySQL consulting services are primarily aimed at companies in the following situations:
- Too small to warrant employing a full time DBA or
- Too large and complex for the existing full time DBAs to effectively look after
- Need temporary augmentation to their skills for deploying new infrastructure for a project
There are a number of telltale signs you may be experiencing. For example, a common manifestation is an explosion in workload of your “accidental DBA”. This typically leaves them with insufficient capacity to effectively carry out their primary duties. Other common symptoms include deteriorating system performance or increased lack of confidence in disaster recovery capabilities.
If the state of your databases is causing you concern, we can help. Contact us today!
MySQL is the most widely used open source relational database in the world. It is available for virtually all platforms and operating systems in use today. MySQL is currently owned by Oracle, through it’s purchase of Sun Microsystems. Our certified MySQL consulting team has decades of experience with providing expert MySQL consulting services to nearly a hundred clients.
MariaDB is the fastest growing open source relation database, in terms of popularity. It is a fork of MySQL and has increasingly been replacing MySQL as the default variant in most Linux distributions. Our MariaDB consulting specialists have a decade of experience with MariaDB and can help you with any MariaDB problem you may be facing.
PostgreSQL is the second most popular open source database in the world. It is an excellent choice for a wide range of workloads and for some specific uses has features that it’s main competitors lack.
For Embedded Software Development Services, contact our business partners:
- SUBSCRIPTION BASED MariaDB / MySQL SUPPORT
- 1-4 hour response SLA for production systems based on MySQL, MariaDB and PostgreSQL. Usually only available for servers on which we have already carried out extensive analysis, for example as part of a performance review. Includes monthly health check and upgrade support.
- Price: From £170 / $200 / €200 per server / per month
- Extensive MariaDB / MySQL performance tuning and optimisation of your existing database estate. Covers server and database configuration, in-depth query and workload analysis, review of indexing and optimizations based around query rewriting. Advice on where materialized views may be appropriate.
- Prices: From £1,700 / $2,000 / €2,000
- DATABASE ARCHITECTURE AND DESIGN
- If you are embarking on a new project and want to make sure your database systems will provide the required availability and scale with your projected growth, we can help you avoid unexpected pitfalls.
- Price: From £750 / $900 / €900
- For any other database requirements, we offer consultancy services to help you with database and systems administration, monitoring, development (e.g. stored procedures), database architecture and migrations as and when you require.
- Price: £750 / $900 / €900 per day